In the 1960s, US President John F. Kennedy’s moonshot thinkingguidedNASA’s human spaceflight efforts and inspireda generation of Americans to exercise the freedom to choose their destiny rather than have it chosen for them.Now,the time has come for Europe to exercise the freedom to choose its destiny in terms of data.
This moonshot thinking requires agroundbreaking approach and a radically different way of dealing with data in the future – a way that establishes trust, allowing people and organisations to share data effortlessly whilst staying in control.
It is therefore important that policymakers and decision-makers include the right governance framework in the final version of the Data Governance Act (DGA), the pending regulation that will set the ground rules for how we can build a strong and equitable digital economy.
To secure our digital rights and build a more prosperous future, we need to put in place today, the architecture required for the digital Europe we want tomorrow.Katryna Dow, Meeco
Data Sovereignty Now, in partnership with its members MyData Global, Meeco, SITRA, International Data Spaces and INNOPAY will be hosting a live webinar on 25 May 2021 (from 15:00-16:30 CET) to discuss:
- Why is the European Data Governance Act (DGA) important in terms of how data will be shared in the future?
- How can data sovereignty be anchored in the DGA?
- Why is it time for somemoonshot thinking in relation to data?
Hosted by moderator Rikka Kampi of MyData Global, this webinar is an ideal chance to learn more about the role the DGA can play in the balance of power over data, the evolution of the digital economy, data sovereignty, data spaces and digital soft infrastructures. It is also your opportunity to engage in the discussion and participate in some moonshot thinking.
How can Europetake a groundbreaking approach and define a radically different way of dealing with data in the future – a way that establishes trust, allowing people and organisations to share data effortlessly whilst staying in control?
The webinar programme
- Setting the scene: Why is the Data Governance Act important for our future way of sharing data? - Viivi Lähteenoja, Special Advisor Data Policy at city of Helsinki and Senior Advisor at MyData Global
- What is a soft infrastructure? - Jaana Sinipuro, Project Director IHAN at the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra
- Common European data spaces - Lars Nagel, CEO of International Data Spaces Association, and Douwe Lycklama, founding partner of INNOPAY
- How can data sovereignty be anchored in the DGA? - Antti Poikola, Programme Advisor and Board Member at MyData Global, and Mariane ter Veen, Director Data Sharing at INNOPAY
For more information or to register, simply clickbelow for the webinar on 25 May (from 15:00-16:30 CET). We look forward to seeing you there along with your support for this important and intergenerational opportunity.